Hospitality: Hotels/ Restaurant, Luxury Camps & Lodges
Location : Nairobi Kenya
Total View :303
Job type : Full Time
This job has already expired
IndustryHospitality: Hotels/ Restaurant, Luxury Camps & Lodges
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Print the Unposted sales journal from Sun System, check the transaction, confirm the taxes and revenue codes, after getting approval from FC post in sun system
- Make sure entire sales which are invoiced in Opera are captured in Sun system
- Control the Invoices from Micros Control on daily basis and manually Invoice.
- When Invoicing in Opera, please make sure the Taxes are properly entered, exempted sales posted under correct head of account and Hotel Tax etc. are posted correctly.
- Reconcile Adjustment Account, Guest Ledger and Deposit – Pre arrival ledger on weekly basis.
- Update weekly occupancy and Revenue report in google sheet on daily basis
- Reconcile the debtor’s account
- Check the sales by Folio report in Opera and follow up with sales Team for unpaid folios
- Ensure that Lodge doesn’t invoice any reservations without full payments unless it is approved to sell on credit.
- Follow up with Lodge and get the Purchase invoice if Invoiced to the Lodge for any local purchases and CPD for Regular purchases from the Nairobi office, GRN etc. check and ensure the quantity, rate, and amount is matching with LPO, GRN and Invoice.
- After checking the above, control the Invoice in Material control and transfer the purchases entry to Sun system
- Print the Sun system Purchase voucher and check and get approval from GFC, then post in sun system
- Process the payments and book the bank payment entries in Sun system
- Reconcile bank and prepare bank reconciliation statement before 5th of next month
- Check, cash reconciliation report and cash confirmation report received from Lodges and confirm the cash receipts and payments are tallied and posted correctly in Sun system
- Revalue cash and bank balance at the end of the month with CBK exchange rates
- Check the payroll received from Lodges with attendance.
- Reconcile Monthly basic salary and staff numbers
- Pass the Journal vouchers and get approval from GFC and post in sun system
- Pass Monthly constant JVs
- Reconcile and prepare a schedule of the Staff Debtors account and Cash purchase account
- Prepare Monthly NSSF, payee, vat and WHT Returns and submit to GFC before 7 th of next month
- Prepare Reconciliation statement of Payee, NSSF and Vat Return reconciliation with Ledger and Opera report before we file the return with respective Tax authorities
- Prepare Year End Audit Schedule
- Prepare monthly Prepaid Insurance and other prepayment schedules
- Transfer the monthly consumption journal from Materials control to sun system, after it is approved by GFC, post in sun system
- Update the stock balance in google sheet (ledger balance) and reconcile the stock on monthly basis and pass necessary adjustment entries.
- Reconcile the suppliers accounts.
- Coordinate with unit for all report and take follow up on regular basis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Finance
- CPA or ACCA certification
- Previous experience of at least 4-5 solid years in a similsr role in in the hospitality industry; 4 OR 5 star hotel
- Proficiency in MS- Excel
- Proficiency in Tally & Sun System