Business Development Executive
Location : Mombasa Kenya
Total View :49
Job type : Full Time
Job expires in 3 days
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategies to foster growth of distributors.
- Cultivate strong partnership with distributors, ensuring alignment with company objectives.
- Collaborate with distributors to implement effective merchandising strategies and promotional activities at their level.
- Develop and implement strategies to propel products to the distributor level ensuring widespread availability and range to meet market demands.
- Review and track individual distributor s primary volume targets by brand to ensure achievement of set budgets.
- Ensure that direct reportees achieve daily weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets for volume and value attainment.
- Review and track attainment of the brand primary targets for the region under jurisdiction in conjunction with the regional Team leader.
- Formulate and implement strategies that drive regional and company volume targets.
- Establishing and maintaining relationship with clients, distributors, and other key stakeholders to ensure smooth operations and effective product placement.
- Identify and capitalize on new market opportunities, developing plans for expansion within the region served.
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to implement effective strategies for market penetration.
- Identification and generation of leads through various channels including networking, cold calling, referrals, and industry events.
- Utilize deep understanding of the region served to develop and execute strategic plans for business growth and market impact.
- Conduct thorough market research and analysis to identify market trends and competitive landscapes including gathering and interpreting data, monitoring industry developments, and staying updated on market dynamics to inform business decisions.
- Regularly monitor product performance and sales metrics at the distributor level and analyzing data to identify areas of improvement.
- Derive insights from sales reports and market trends to refine strategies for enhanced product penetration.
- Mentoring and training the market impact team teams through on-the-job field accompaniments to guide them on any areas of improvement.
- Identifying any training needs after a comprehensive needs assessment and working with the leadership team and HR to offer training for any areas of improvement noted.
- Participate in training programs and workshops to improve on work-related competencies.
- Provide training and support to distributor sales representatives to optimize their sales capabilities and product knowledge.
- Ensure effective implementation of sales programs and incentives at the distributor level.
- Lead, inspire, and develop a high-performing team, providing guidance, coaching, and support.
- Set clear performance objectives, conduct regular performance evaluations, and identify training and development opportunities.
- Foster a collaborative and results-oriented work environment that promotes teamwork, accountability, and continuous improvement.
- Identifies and manages sales Develop risk mitigation strategies for the territory allocated, establish contingency plans, and monitor key risk indicators to minimize disruptions and ensure business continuity.
- Share weekly ROI reports.
- Regularly review and understand individual performance expectations.
- Actively participate in scheduled performance review discussions with managers
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration/ Marketing or a related field.
- At least 3 Years of experience on a relevant role.
- Proven experience in Business development, preferably within the FMCG sector demonstrating successful distributor growth.