Senior Product Manager
Senior Product Manager
Reports to: SVP, Group Head of Product & Regional Head of Acquiring – Africa
Responsible for leading and driving the vision, strategy, business requirements, roadmap, and execution of the company’s new and existing products in order to deliver a best in class acceptance offering for Africa that aligns with the strategic objectives of the company & Network International.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead, drive, define and execute on the overall go-to-market, product strategy and roadmap for the company.
- Oversee the entire life cycle of the company’s products, from defining setting the vision, deriving feature intention maps, and ultimately creating a best-in-class user/customer experience, while on time and within budget.
- Coordinate and drive the requirements gathering and prioritization of product development through close ongoing interaction with sales/business teams and customers
- Develop and execute a product roadmap that supports the business strategy and regional corporate and financial (Revenue, Opex and Capex) KPIs.
- Monitor product performance metrics at all stages of the product life cycle, and make recommendations regarding solutions to address challenges in the portfolio or product strategy
- Analyse market trends, dynamics, and competition to determine product and go-to-market strategies
- Provide support to sales and customer facing teams with communication and training on product functionality and enhancements
- Work with key stakeholders and cross functional teams across the company to ensure successful product releases
- Vet out new product and business opportunities as well as business case development, financial modelling, and planning.
- Work closely and collaboratively with delivery team to determine scope and priorities for product development cycles
- Work with development teams to ensure that they understand and share the vision for the product and are delivering market leading products and features
- Work closely with relevant product marketing and marketing teams to produce and deliver both internal and external facing collateral
- Coordinate product communication to all relevant stakeholders, including product training and client-facing engagements as necessary
- Act as a thought leader, product consultant, and expert for company’s products
Experience & Skills Required
- Degree in Business/E-commerce or Business-Related field
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in e-Commerce and/or payments experience in a product or similar role
- Demonstrated product conception, development, and successful launch experience in Payments Industry
- Experienced in requirements analysis, planning and execution
- Management of high-performing teams and ability to work cross-functionally across teams
- Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple time-sensitive tasks in a demanding environment
- Highly Motivated Mindset determined on Execution and Delivery
- Flexible, proactive, and self-motivated with strong personal ownership of problem resolution
- Ability to multi-task under pressure and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize when under pressure
- Results driven discipline • Highly collaborative team player with a positive attitude
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal, formal and informal)
- Product management knowledge, with extensive experience working on product launches in multiple markets
- Innovative and demonstrates thought leadership
- Experience in working effectively with global, cross-functional teams, experience working in agile