Rooms Division Manager
Hospitality: Hotels/ Restaurant, Luxury Camps & Lodges
Location : Zanzibar Tanzania
Total View :101
Job type : Full Time
This job has already expired
IndustryHospitality: Hotels/ Restaurant, Luxury Camps & Lodges
Our client well-established luxury beach hotel in East Africa is seeking to fill the role of a Rooms Division Manager.
- Understand that all the roles that touch on the Front of the House, the facilities and infrastructure there on, the pre-arrival part of the guest's journey, the guest's journey, and the accommodation services are your direct responsibilities.
- Fully responsible for Reception, Concierge, Guest transfer schedule, Housekeeping, and laundry, Hotel financial reporting according to property and company standards.
- Ensure full conformity to the aesthetics at the reception area to strike a remarkable first impression on the guests:
- Responsible for establishing, implementing, and maintaining an effective reservations and booking system.
- Responsible for the upkeep, updating, and maintenance of the Front Office and Guest Correspondence and collateral.
- Follow the budget set and KPI and guide the team in driving, and taking ownership of Sales (Activities, Shop, and Excursions).
- Responsible for Stock Control within the department.
- Liaise and work closely with the other departments to ensure timely service delivery and share guest requirements and information.
- Perform Duty Management shifts according to property and company standard
- Ensure the company code of conduct is strictly adhered to with the allocated departments.
- Drive the guest experience to achieve guest satisfaction
- Ensure that work practices are efficient, clean, and hygienic.
- Ensure that all items of equipment are correctly cleaned and stored.
- Ensure that the assigned department is clean, constant rotation, and cleaning procedures are followed.
- Ensure that any defects on appliances and equipment are reported to Maintenance and followed up on.
- Ensure that all employees of the assigned department have a good understanding of how to make use of all cleaning chemicals used in the area of work, and how to safely and effectively apply this knowledge to be most productive.
- Ensure adherence to the Hygiene and HACCP Standard Operating Procedures.
- To have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety
- Ensure departmental training goals, are set and followed
- To give regular feedback to employees on their job performance and keep management informed.
- To drive counseling and succession planning for the department.
- Maintained HR in the Front Office and Housekeeping department conducting Performance appraisals, managed and controlled leave days, off days, and overtime, and maintained discipline in the department, in line with the code of conduct, and the labor law.
- To coordinate an effective and efficient Human Resource allocation by establishing a flexible workforce throughout the department.
- To set and adhere to annual operating targets, this will form part of the hotel’s annual budget with relation to extra sales revenue, variable, and fixed cost
- Stock management (Control, rotation, sourcing, and par levels, and zero expiry stock maintained)
- To review monthly forecasts and schedule resources accordingly.
- Ensure correct all revenue and expenses run through the Front Office department are accurate and correctly captured as per the company set requirement.
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management, Business Administration, or related major;
- 4+ years experience in guest services, front desk, and housekeeping management in a 4-star or 5-star property.