POS Technical Support Officer
Job Purpose: Handles day-to-day POS technical operations (POS Networking, testing, debugging, and application supporting) also monitoring the ticketing system and the POS maintenance cycle
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for any POS technical-related issues
- Handle POS maintenance technical-related issues.
- Handle POS wireless connectivity networking-related issues with ISPs.
- POS Applications' Testing & Quality Assurance.
- Monitor and ensure that POS terminals are following Schemes mandates and regulations.
- Monitor and ensure that POS terminals are following PCI-DSS regulations and certificates.
- Handle POS integration requests and licenses with clients as well as Vendors.
- Supporting all POS Profiles Databases, System support, and queries.
- Support the POS deployment and POS maintenance teams in troubleshooting field problems.
- Support NIA operation teams for any POS servers (N-Genius, Ingenico & VeriFone) technical-related issues
- Support Testing and Development teams concerning POS terminal configurations and technical Issues.
- Testing and deploying new POS technologies.
- Maintained and generate reports on the database (MSSQL).
- Handle tracking and ticketing systems and confirm maintenance actions.
- Provide Technical support to the POS Repair center for any POS Hardware related issues.
- Prepare Daily, Weekly, and Monthly reports for support activities and ticket status.
- Monitor the POS Maintenance stock of terminals, spare parts, and accessories.
- Receive and test the terminals withdrawn for repair and take the necessary action.
- Prepare a monthly inventory report with all terminals and accessories.
- Handle day-to-day tickets (Clients’ Complaints) in all areas.
- Set up the POSs on the terminal Management System (TMS) by creating and configuring the profile of the terminal upon request (Add, Replace, Delete, or Change configuration).
- Bachelor of science degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years in the engineering field
- Understands Scheme authorization and settlements.
Excellent knowledge of various operating systems and Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL Database.
- Demonstrated Technical Support or Account Management experience.
- Must be able to skillfully prioritize and manage concurrent projects and issues\cases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical and problem-solving skills