Location : Nairobi Kenya
Total View :293
Job type : Full Time
This job has already expired
Job Purpose: Management of cash and loan accounts, maintaining financial and accounting records, performing banking operations, and providing appropriate financial advice to the company.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Daily matching of bank statements and cash book to ensure that any double receipts/erroneous receipts are detected and corrected.
- Daily follow-up with banks on unidentified credits, and unexplained bank debits and ensuring all reconciling items are addressed.
- Daily preparation of un-receipted transaction reports and follow-up with the relevant sections to ensure all items are receipted within set timelines.
- Processing of journal vouchers, debit memos, cash management transactions, and invoice payments.
- Analysis of various bank charges such as guarantee fees, LC commission fees, interest charges, unpaid cheque charges, and other bank charges to ensure correct amounts are charged on Company accounts.
- Maintain custom bonds /guarantees register, regularly updating relevant parties on the issuance of new bonds and cancellation of bonds and guarantees.
- Monthly revaluation of foreign-denominated accounts.
- Processing applications for letters of credit and custom bonds/guarantees, loan drawdowns/repayments, and follow-up to ensure they are issued within the required timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting/economics or related field
- Professional accounting certification (CPA/ACCA).
- 4+ years’ experience in a comparable position.
- Competency in Microsoft Office and ERP