Value Integrated Package - Manager
Job Purpose: To lead and manage our Value Integrated Package (VIP) Services Support Team. The VIP Services Support team looks after some of our most valuable merchant relationships and offers a truly bespoke experience. S/He will be responsible for leading the team to achieve ambitious retention targets and excel in customer service while supporting the Group's objectives to increase loyalty and generate new business.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Act as a role model for business and set the benchmark for customer service standards at the group
- Build a consistent data-driven and metric-driven approach to measure customer health and to guide the team to high-value customer activity and engagement.
- Continuous innovation to achieve 95% on self-service for both the merchants and end consumers
- Coordinate all policies and procedures and closely monitor processes to mitigate revenue leakage.
- Determine ways to improve value-integrated package merchant service levels with a special focus on retention, wallet share increase, new business, and loyalty
- Develop a relationship management model for the value-integrated package merchants by allocating ownership of each merchant to a dedicated service support staff.
- Develop a specific action plan for each client/vertical to drive transaction volumes, retention, and loyalty
- Develop a merchant lifecycle for the value-integrated package merchants to drive retention and transaction volumes/values.
- Develop relationships with our value-integrated package merchant to better understand their needs and meet their expectations
- Develop service-level agreements within the organization to ensure the value-integrated package merchants receive timely support
- Develop strong relationships with the business development and sales teams and regularly provide merchant/client feedback
- Ensure continuous and consistent communication with the value-integrated package merchants is achieved through a well-laid-down communication plan
- Ensure the right tools, technology, and processes are in place for a seamless value-integrated package client experience
- Establish a training and development program to support team growth and progression
- Help develop events and campaigns that will attract new merchants and engage existing ones
- Lead, motivate, and coach the value-integrated package services support team to deliver objectives
- Learn about our value-integrated package clients through CRM, visits, and individual feedback
- Manage client experience ensuring the highest standards are met and have a service recovery strategy in place.
- Partner with the products/systems team to pro-actively incorporate customer suggestions in the products roadmap
- Set targets and lead the team to achieve sales growth and improvements in the level of service
- Support initiatives and action plans for go-live, launches, new products, and bespoke services for value-integrated package merchants
- Support the operations team with coaching and sharing of best practices
- The value-integrated package manager and customer care will be expected to fulfill other duties and cover other operational tasks according to the needs of the operations division as directed by the senior management within the group.
- The value-integrated package manager and customer care will be required to work overtime and over weekends at times according to the demands of the job; the job will involve traveling both within Africa and internationally to target new business opportunities and engage our existing merchants.
- Track volumes performance through weekly and ad-hoc reporting
- Work with the data team to understand client data and build communication campaigns
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business related field.
- Working knowledge of Payments and Fintech systems, products, and services.
- 5+ years’ background in-service support for Value Integrated Package (strategic) merchants with senior-level Service support experience
- At least 3 years experience in Team leadership and management within a 24/7 support environment
- Understanding of Office Systems including Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with CRM systems for Relationship management activities planning, lead tracking, trend analysis & reporting
- Ability to negotiate, mediate and influence.
- Ability to troubleshoot, train, and presenter