Business Development Manager -Mining & Mineral Processing
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (MINING & MINERAL PROCESSING)
Job Location: Ghana
Reports to: IWT EMEA AFRICA District Manager
Business Unit/Division: Sales
Functional Area: Industrial Services
Primarily (in addition to account management/service to selected customers) to manage new account acquisition and achieving business growth plans for IWT_EMEA_AFRICA specifically in West Africa, developing business opportunities within specified markets such as Mining (Gold specific, but also including Alumina, Uranium, Iron Ore), Heavy Industry (HPI), and Chemical Processing Industry (CPI) in the region. Goals
Short term (Years 1-2): Grow business from $ 0 to $ 1,000,000
Long Term - >3 years: Achieve consistent growth and stability between 10 % p.a.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining the highest safety standards to ensure there are no incidents or accidents in the working environment
- Targeting new business opportunities specifically in West Africa.
- Account retention by developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with Key Decision Makers and managing the required communication protocols at customer sites with the key people.
- Pursuing growth and developing new applications and opportunities on new and existing customer’s sites
- Managing existing accounts as allocated ensuring satisfaction and ongoing profitability by professional and effective account management processes and skills designed to deliver and exceed customer expectations and adding value
- Managing prospects effectively and making contacts within the allocated targets and markets. Working with support groups to establish, maintain and prioritize an accurate and current prospect list.
- Providing professional onsite service work to customers including water analysis and testing as required, ensuring water treatment programs are controlled according to design parameters and that performance criteria is strictly monitored and achieved
- Working with other team members and resource groups as necessary to ensure that customer deliverables are met and maintained
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A University degree in Sciences or any other related technical discipline with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Experience handling major accounts in a B2B selling environment will be an added advantage
- Must have Copper Mining or related industry experience
- Experience in water or related industry will be an added advantage
- Should have experience and understanding of industrial engineering processes relating to cooling and steam process
- He /she must be self-driven with a “can do” attitude and passion to achieve results under minimum supervision.
- Must possess great interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player able to demonstrate ability to work across different cultures and functions
- Ideally bilingual with French and regional language proficiencies
- Must be computer literate, i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc