Hospitality: Hotels/ Restaurant, Luxury Camps & Lodges
Location : Masai Mara Kenya
Total View :327
Job type : Full Time
This job has already expired
IndustryHospitality: Hotels/ Restaurant, Luxury Camps & Lodges
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Receive and forward all goods and deliveries in and out of the hotel to the correct point of contact/storage area.
- Able to follow standards for issuing and receiving stock within the store's area of operation.
- Monitor and take inventory on regular basis to compile orders based on par levels or needs.
- Maintain clear and organized records to ensure all reports and invoices are filed and stored properly.
- Monitor PAR levels for all food items to ensure proper levels.
- Responsible for storage of both food & beverage and operational stock.
- Responsible for the day-to-day check on the storage facilities for upkeep and hygiene.
- Responsible to verify all goods arrived as per the agreed purchase, delivery note and agreed quantity has been received.
- Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items.
- Ensure cleanliness of all areas, keeping storage areas clean & tidy and in strict compliance with hygiene regulations.
- Ensure all store requisitions are signed by concerned Department Heads (HOD’s) and approved by FC/GM depending upon the hotel's operations procedure.
- Ensure the quantity requested and the quantity issued always matches.
- Ensure store requisition form is signed by the person collecting the goods and enter into the
- Inventory/Materials Management System – Micros Control.
- Post all invoices using the MMS - Material Management System Micros Control.
- Conduct inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs.
- Conduct physical stock audits on a regular basis as advised by the Financial Controller (FC) and the physical count to be tallied with the inventory count from the MMS - Material Management System.
- Any differences between the manual count and MMS software have to be investigated and the information to be given to the Finance Department.
- Assist the Accounts Payable Clerk / payable assistant in finding out any cost discrepancies.
- Complete requisition forms for inventory and supplies.
- Extend all requisitions on a daily basis and update the inventory management software/system.
- Work closely with Purchasing to order and receive items and equipment.
- Troubleshoot any vendor delivery issues and oversee/follow up on the return process.
- Follow up on documentation of after-hours issues ensuring it is in accordance with established internal controls and procedures.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety procedures, particularly concerning food and beverage items.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Keep accurate recordings of all incoming and outgoing goods.
- Identify and report any slow-moving items to avoid over purchasing.
- Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the management or supervisors
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies or stores management or any other related course.
- 3+ years experience in the hospitality industry
- Quality cautious and keen on detail
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Positive attitude and good communication skills.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team.