Category Channel Sales Development Lead-Personal Care
Adapt channel strategies to category needs.
Develop commercial plan to maximize channel throughout the category.
Ensure sustainable category growth and increase in Market Share in the country.
Functional Outputs/Activities per key performance area:
- Understand shopper behaviour in the various channels in the country.
- Support the development of the holistic category channel strategy for Uganda.
- Provide inputs to Category Teams for Business Category Plan (BCP) and subcategory Innovations.
- Anchor demand planning.
- Provide a toolkit to sales team to enable disciplined execution.
- Ensure that category volume/value and market share are achieved by country within category allocated budgets.
- Translate Market category and brand objectives into country/channel category objectives in coordination with the sales teams.
- Champion strategic regional activities and country specific promotional process per category (defining objectives, briefing, coordinating the implementation, and evaluating all promotions) aimed at driving category growth within country.
- Ensure effective new product launches and/or line extensions on a country level through the implementation plan and organizing category roadshows/ presentations for the sales teams.
- Develop a local Commercial Plan (Objective, Strategies, Tactics, and Activities) for the country from a category and channel perspective.
- Adapt clear channel strategies based on consumer insights, resulting in tangible value creation with focus on: product, pack, price & promo strategy.
- Isolate and close market share development gaps.
- Preparation of the Advertising and Promotions budget by category.
- Accountable for Advertising and Promotions Spend in the country.
- Monitor and control the allocated budget.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field. Master’s degree in business Administration preferred. Marketing Professional certification desirable.
Excellent track record of leadership and team building, driving the development and evolution of entrepreneurial, high-performance cultures.
10 to 12 years of experience in FMCG Industry preferably Sales is a must.
- Must be of unquestionable integrity, Honesty, Trustworthiness and Professionalism
- Must be a team player
- Must be a self-starter and have an appreciation of business growth and priorities.
- Strong Leadership potential to effectively drive a business agenda and operational coordination of activities.
- Advanced experience with MS Office.
- Solid experience in category channel management and data analytics.
- Channel Strategy Expert
- Category Management
- Category Growth
- Consumer Insights
- Sales Channel Development