GM Operations and Executions
The GM-Operations & Execution will be tasked with ensuring project execution excellence.S/He must oversee the design, installation, operation, and maintenance of C&I solar projects to the highest degree of quality, beginning with 5-7MW in FY 22-23. The incumbent will be expected to build and steward agile and scalable systems, structures, processes, logistics and tools that efficiently tie together our technical, finance, and logistics functions and systems. You will then provide high-level project
management of our solar installations from initial design and delivery through installation and aftersales.
○ Direct line management of the Technical, Finance and Logistics Managers
○ Overseeing a total team of eight people across the three functions.
- Accountable for execution of all solar projects from the final stages of development through to commissioning with a focus on efficiency, safety, and quality.
Coordination of financing partners, clients, technical team, and subcontractors to ensure timely and accurate design deliverables required for project approvals and payments.
- Oversight of all project supply chain and logistics to ensure timely, low-cost, and accurate delivery of C&I systems and coordination of all accessories, equipment, and personnel necessary for effective execution
- Oversight and coordination of the technical team and a range of key contractors to ensure installation of all new C&I PV systems to the highest degree of quality, legal compliance, and safety, and to the satisfaction of Company'scustomers and financing partners.
- Integration of the finance team through project lifespan to ensure timely and accurate disbursals, payments, billing, collections, and effective budget and cash management.
Flawless oversight of digital record keeping and information management across all project stages in line with legal and partner requirements and best practices.
High-level supervision of all imports and collaboration with the global on supply chain logistics as well as technical and financial matters; be part of a global team.
Operations & Maintenance
- Accountable for delivery of all O&M contracts and commitments with a focus on responsiveness, logistical efficiency, quality workmanship, and customer communications.
- Costing, drafting, and vetting new O&M agreements with clients and financing partners.
- Building and managing a cost-efficient and reliable O&M subcontractor network.
- Ensuring preventative maintenance schedules and budgets are kept and adhered to. Supervision of local subcontracted warehousing
- ○ Accountability for gross profitability of all C&I solar projects and O&M contracts.
○ Preparation and analysis of C&I project pricing and budgets.
○ Negotiation and management of key project subcontracts and service agreements.
○ Managing day-to-day operational budget and cash disbursements.
○ Monthly final review and approval to VP of cash flow, P&L, and stock listing.
Systems, Processes, & IT
○ Develop, refine, and drive buy-in to effective cross-functional SOPs including:
■ Project management
■ People operations
■ Regulatory compliance (KRA, EPRA, etc)
■ Health, safety, and environment
■ Record keeping and information management
○ Drive effective cross-functional use of cloud-based applications and other IT systems to ensure fast and informed decision-making through information access and integration.
○ Identify and develop digital tools, templates, and processes to improve all operations.
- 8+ years experience in an operational and/or project management capacity with at least two years as a senior leader with team management and bottom-line budgetary responsibility.
- Highly detail-oriented, analytical, and quantitative. You are a data driven master of spreadsheets spanning budgets, costing, pricing, ROI, financial statements, solar generation reports, etc.
- A systems thinker. You love building structures, systems, and processes as part of a constant quest for efficiency and quality improvements.
- Verifiable experience managing or supporting the operations and logistics behind long (3-9+ month) and high-value ($50,000 - >$1,000,000) construction or other CAPEX projects from development through to completion and aftersale