Oil & Gas
IndustryOil & Gas
Our client is a well-established oil and gas company in Nairobi seeking to recruit a Procurement Manager
To ensure sustainable purchasing of all products and services whilst ensuring quality control and compliance with internal policies and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead transformational activities (internally and externally) to build procurement organizational capabilities and improve procurement efficiency.
- Assist in creating and implementing procurement strategies that are innovative and cost-effective.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with vendors in the industry and critical suppliers/ prequalification; defining lead times; supplier development /Management of suppliers and stakeholder relationships.
- Prepare comparative pricing proposals and product specifications.
- Review contract specifications in liaison with legal department i.e., Contracting.
- Oversee timely procurement of overseas and local items in line with user department requirements.
- Prepare scheduled and adhoc procurement reports.
- Approving Purchase Orders as per Procurement Policy.
- Conduct supplier performance reviews and articulate the value that procurement adds to the business.
- Ensure adherence to all safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations.
Desired Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in business or any other relevant field from a reputable university.
- Holder of diploma in CIPS is a plus.
- At least 6 years’ experience in Procurement or Supply Chain Management and having served for at least 3 years at managerial level
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as dexterity in “reading the market”.
- In-depth knowledge of contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Project management skills.
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Confident, self-driven, and dynamic leader.
- Procurement Officer
- Purchasing Officer
- Purchasing Assistant