Location : Nairobi Kenya
Total View :348
Job type : Full Time
This job has already expired
QUALITY MANAGER -TISSUE
Reporting to: General Manager
Our client, a leading manufacturing and converting company is seeking to hire a quality manager.
The Quality Manager is responsible for implementing the Company’s strategic quality objectives. QM is tasked with ensuring systems are in place for products to be produced as per Company standards and statutory requirements to ensure conformity to set protocols.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish and continually review quality management systems (QMS) within the context of the overall strategic plan, and in line with local standards within the manufacturing operation
- Ensure QMS and EHS compliance by carrying out gap analysis, managing and carrying out 6S’s audits, and drawing up action plans for all actions arising from the production, and follow up status to ensure implementation.
- Work alongside Production functions to deliver product meeting quality, safety and financial standards
- Ensure all activities carried out comply with relevant site GMP and EHS requirements.
- Ensure appropriate training and development of production personnel to maximize output and minimize risk in terms of product quality, product loss, waste and occupational health and safety and environment concerns.
- Ensure 100% adherence and compliance to the continuous improvement training for all factory production staff
- Team development
- Create and enable reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of success
- Drive change management
- Supplier audits/development to ensure business continuity and strengthening of supplier relationships
- Driving CI
- Waste reduction in the factory
- Provide stretch targets for self and teams and recalibrate ideas through involved engagement
- Customer/consumer complaint resolution in liaison with marketing as relates to quality issues, dealing with product integrity and packaging carrying out root cause analysis, draws action plans, and ensuring effective implementation
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver the Zero Waste, Zero Accident, and Zero Quality ambition.
- Quality budget management
- Present monthly report to Leadership
Knowledge Skills & Qualifications
- Degree/ Higher diploma in Food Science and technology with an understanding of Business Administration
- 6-8 years’ experience respectively with hands on approach in QM tools and techniques
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving and trouble shooting
- Stakeholder Management
- Advanced knowledge in GMP, RCA processes, HACCP and ISO
- Computer skills
- Taking initiative
- Strong analytical skills
- Direct people leadership
- Strong Influencer and change driver