Financial Planning Analyst & Financial Controls West Africa
Location : Lagos Nigeria
Total View :184
Job type : Full Time
This job has already expired
The holder of the role will be responsible for 1. Financial reporting 2. Bank relations 3. Tax compliance 4. GL management 5. Financial controls 6. Statutory audits and 6. Finance Business Partnering fo Nigeria & Ghana
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Financial Reporting & Controls
- Manage the Month End and Year End close process through implementing comprehensive check list
- Prepare monthly trial balance and upload of the trial balance into the global reporting platform
- Reconcile monthly sales and prepare the sales flash for reporting locally and globally plartform
- Facilitate GL creation and mapping for accurate capture of financial data and reporting
- Prepare monthly management accounts and analysis reports for review of trends, and variances and guide decision making
- Review of all supplier payments, staff reimbursements and petty cash before bank release for compliance and accuracy.
- In charge of integrity of the Trial Balance through; review of postings, review of all journal entries, GL reconciliations and GL mapping management before the trial balance is closed on a monthly basis.
- Track and ensure reconciliation issues identified are closed
- Review of Fixed Asset reconciliation and accuracy of the asset register
- In charge of review of the SOX policy for financial to ensure proper internal controls are in place as per guidelines.
- Ensure forex revaluations and reclassifications are done monthly
- Review and approve all indirect purchase requisitions in Ariba for accurate cost center allocation and cost package
- Prepare monthly financial performance deck with commentaries
2. Finance Business Partnering:
- Finance Business Partner for the Professional Business unit to support all financial-related tasks and reporting to the unit.
- Prepare all monthly reports for the business unit including- monthly review deck, price increase tracker, floor care machine sales tracker, capex and opex tracker, monthly forecast, and any other reports
- Review all CAPEX requests for profitability, return on investment and payback period.
- Manage customer rebates for all global strategic customers to ensure compliance with signed contracts.
- Spearhead budgeting, forecasting and strategic plan development and monitoring for the Professional business unit.
- Prepare sales performance reports for the sales team weekly and monthly
- Compute sales commissions for the unit sales team
- Review all tax computations and payments for the other countries in the region for compliance and accuracy before payment.
- Ensure all tax accounts are reconciled and correct
- Manage taxes and statutory deductions for Kenya to accurately compute, file and pay the monthly taxes-WH VAT, VAT
- Facilitate internal and external audits as per the audit plans for the region.
- Support the preparation of draft financial statements
- Manage bank relations
- Manage the documentation of forex bank transfers
- West African citizen
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/ Accounting or a related field
- Must have a certified accountant
- 7+ years' experience in a senior financial accounting role for an international company, experience in managing several business units a plus