General Manager - Re - advertised
Our client food-tech company focusing on efficient distribution of foods from farm to market is seeking to fill the role of a General Manager.
Leads and directs the following functions and/or business units: Sales & Marketing, operations (warehouse and field), and logistic and have
oversight on other departments.
Assists the CEO in the development of organization policies and goals that cover operations, personnel, financial performance, and growth of the functions and/or business units mentioned above.
His/her responsibilities include managing both the operations process, embracing design, planning, control, performance improvement, and operations strategy. Indirect responsibilities include interacting with the team in other functional areas within the company whose roles have an impact on operations.
- Assist CEO in fundraising ventures
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Develops and establishes operating policies consistent with the CEO’s broad policies and objectives and insures their adequate execution. Appraises and evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically, and reports these results to the CEO
- Directs all the physical operations of the company. These activities include but are not limited to; trucks and logistics follow-up, pick-up and delivery of produce from farmers, lead distribution team to the market as directed by sales, time management on handling the produce, and all related works.
- Directs the development and establishment of adequate and equitable personnel policies throughout the organization, including compensation policies and employee benefit plans.
- Directs the development and installation of procedures and controls (SOP’s), to promote communication and adequate information flow, and thereby solidify management control and direction of the enterprise.
- Ensures that the interests and welfare of employees as individuals are preserved and protected.
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Manage relationships with suppliers mainly smallholder farmers.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of occupational health and safety standards within the workplace.
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the operations teams.
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances, etc.)
- Participates in the development and preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based upon broad organization goals and objectives.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
- Bachelors Degree in Business related studies
- 10 years of experience in managing a team, managing multiple operational functions, and at least 10 direct reports.
- Analytical; strong with numbers, analysis & metrics and attention to details
- Advanced organizational leadership skills; create new systems and strengthen new ones
- Fundraising skills; support CEO with current raise
- Business acumen; experience with cost management
- Strategic mindset and vision