Junior System Administrator
Location : Nairobi Kenya
Total View :652
Job type : Full Time
This job has already expired
Junior Systems Administrator
Duties & Responsibilities
- Installing and configuring hardware and software systems, including servers, networks, operating
systems, and applications.
- Installing and configuring VMware ESX and virtual infrastructure client. This also includes creating
VMs and installing different guest OS and customized windows servers.
- Implementing and supporting Core IT infrastructure including the data centers, operating systems, Active Directory, DNS, Azure AD, ADFS, servers' infrastructure, storage, SAN, backups, and
collaboration systems such as email (exchange & Microsoft 365), Share point and Teams.
- Administration, configuration and troubleshooting of servers based on Windows, UNIX/Linux and
Virtualization which includes quick response, problem resolution and escalation of issues.
- Administration, configuration and troubleshooting of SAN/NAS storage systems and SAN directors. This includes storage LUN provisioning and Zoning.
- Technical support for assigned company initiatives and projects. Participation in feasibility studies and
testing for new IT infrastructure components.
- Ensuring the security of the organization's computer systems and networks. This includes implementing
security measures such as firewalls, antivirus software, and access controls.
- Installation, configuration, and administration of HPC network services such as SSH, Samba, Apache, NFS, and database applications such as MSSQL and PostgreSQL.
- Responsible for documenting system configuration, procedures, and policies, to ensure that others
can understand and maintain the system.
- Providing technical support to end-users, including troubleshooting and resolving technical issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or a related field
- At least 2 years’ experience in system administration